An Interdisciplinary Approach to Homecare
Improve your agency’s patient care through interdisciplinary teamwork outlined in Cindy Krafft’s book, An Interdisciplinary Approach to Homecare. Medicare is not concerned with outcomes specific to therapy, nursing, or social work. Since these payments are based on overall patient outcome, agencies need to encourage working together to achieve desired results. In her book, Cindy Krafft, PT, MS, helps you develop a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach to patient care. Learn to properly use previously collected OASIS-C data to draft effective and complete care plans that benefit your agency and patients.
Benefits from this book:
- Techniques to ensure collaboration among members of the interdisciplinary team (IDT) despite infrequent face-to-face interactions
- Learn to capitalizing on information you already have, like OASIS-C documentation, to advance the care planning process
- Establish care conference that are effective and efficient
- Determine medical necessity by understanding the viewpoint of other disciplines
- Know when it is appropriate to initiate referrals to other services
- Replace the task-oriented mind-set common in agencies today and develop patient care plans with input from the entire IDT
Learn more about the author, Cindy Krafft, PT, MS, President of Kornetti & Krafft Health Care Solutions.